miércoles, 8 de julio de 2015

Gay Talese: a pioneer of Narrative Journalism

Since I started to study journalism, many times I asked to me “who is my favorite journalist?”, but I never knew. It’s very difficult to decide for one, but only for today I have to take a decision: I will write about Gay Talese, because his work is very interesting.
Gay Talese is an American journalist.  Talese is very important in world of journalism, due to he was a pioneer of “The Narrative journalism”.  He worked different newspaper:  “The New York Times” in 1953, then in “The New Yorker” and “Time”. Also, Talese worked in two magazines: “Esquire” and “Harper’s Magazine”.  Another intriguing thing about Gay Talese is that he wrote different books about his life, like “New York: a Serendipiter's Journey”.
The first text that I read of Gay Talese was “Frank Sinatra has cold”, his most popular work. This profile is amazing, due to he realized only with interviews to friends or parents of Frank Sinatra, the journalist never talked with the singer. This text is full of information and details of the personal life of Sinatra; it’s very difficult think that Talese didn’t speak with the singer, but this was real.
If you are interested to read something journalistic article I recommend works of this journalist. His texts are entertained and very quickly to read. Also, you will notice that the texts of Gay Talese are so different in comparison with the “typical journalism”. Gay Talese is, in my opinion, one of the best journalists in the world.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario